The MED-JELLYRISK Project comprises 5 main work packages.
- Promote understanding of the risk of jellyfish impacts of the general public and stakeholders in the MCZs and that they actively contribute to data collection (through citizen science campaigns)
- Training concerned stakeholders in the MCZ and building capacities to apply integrated monitoring protocols including the creation of Local Emergency Task Forces
- Development of cross-border cooperative socio-economic and epidemiological assessments of jellyfish emergencies and hazards across different MCZs from Spain to Italy, Malta and Tunisia
- Creation of risk maps and shared databases for jellyfish proliferations, to be updated and applied by stakeholders to rank water quality and safety areas in MCZs
- Development, assay and implementation of mitigation countermeasures (e.g. including protective anti-medusa nets).